Welcome to the Lancaster County Watershed Website!
This site is designed to promote and foster watershed protection efforts throughout Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
- Saturday, July 22nd from 9AM-2PM - Penn State Extension Summer Garden Experience @ Southeast Ag Research & Extension Center (1146 Auction Rd., Manheim) (www.extension.psu.edu)
- Saturday, July 22nd from 11AM-1:30PM - "The Octoraro Watershed Association Turns 50" Picnic @ Fishing Headquarters (212 Spruce Grove Rd., Kirkwood) (www.theowa.org)
- Monday & Tuesday, July 24-25 from 9:30AM-3:30PM - Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professional Level 1 Training Class @ Lancaster City Offices (Duke St., Lancaster) (http://cblpro.org)
- Wednesday, August 9th from 6-8PM - Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance CREEK STOMP @ Mummau Park (Route 772, Manheim)
- Saturday & Sunday, September 16-17 from Noon -Noon - Steinman Run Nature Preserve BioBlitz 2017 (Clearview Rd., Rawlinsville) (email@example.com)
Tree Plantings or Invasive Removal
- Saturday, July 15th from 8:30-11:30AM - Volunteer work day to remove invasive species at the Fishing Creek North Preserve (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tree Vitalize Grants Program (due 8/15/17)
Tree Pennsylvania administers the statewide TreeVitalize grant program. Funding is provided to communities to promote and develop sustainable urban forestry program within the Commonwealth. Applications for the 2018 calendar year are now available in three funding categories; Tree planting Grants, Community Forestry Management Grants, and Urban Riparian Buffer Grants. Deadline to apply for this funding is August 15th. For more information and instructions on how to apply, visit https://treepennsylvania.org/treevitalize-grants-program
Foundation for Pennsylvania Watersheds (due 9/19/17)
The Foundation for Pennsylvania Watersheds awards grants to citizens groups that have IRS 501(c)3 nonprofit status. Their primary service area is from the Ohio border to the Susquehanna River's mainstem but have extended past this region in the past. The Foundation has convening grants (less than $2,000) and project grants. If interested in applying Letters of inquiry are due August 15th with a full grant application due September 19th. For more information and instructions on how to apply, visit http://pennsylvaniawatersheds.org/apply-for-a-grant/