Welcome to the Lancaster County Watershed Website!
This site is designed to promote and foster watershed protection efforts throughout Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
- April 29th from 9AM-Noon - Cocalico Creek Watershed Association Adopt-A-Highway Cleanup Event (meet at the PA Game Commission Parking lot off Route 897 and Cocalico Cr. Rd.)
- May 13th from 9AM-Noon - Mount Joy Borough and Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance Litter Cleanup and Tree Planting Event (contact email@example.com to register)
- May 5th from 10AM-2PM - Pequea Creek Watershed Association Tree Planting Event on the Esh Farm, Big Beaver Cr. (1736 Beaver Valley Pk., Strasburg, PA 17579) (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register)
- May 6th from 19AM-Noon - Pequea Creek Watershed Association Tree Planting Event on the Esh Farm, Big Beaver Cr. (1736 Beaver Valley Pk., Strasburg, PA 17579) (contact email@example.com to register)
- May 6th from 9AM-Noon - Tri-County Conewago Creek Association Tree Planting Event at Hershey Meadows (Route 743 & Conewago Cr.) (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register)
- May 13th from 9AM-Noon - Mount Joy Borough and Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance Stream Cleanup and Tree Planting Event (contact email@example.com to register)
- June 10th from 9AM-Noon - Mill Creek Preservation Association Tree planting Event on the Esh Farm, Mill Cr. (2846 Stumptown Rd., Ronks, PA 17572) (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register)
- May 2nd @ 10:45AM - PAFBC Trout Stocking of Hammer & Little Cocalico Creek and Indian Run (meet at PAFBC Regional Office at Speedwell Forge Lake)
- May 5th @ 11:30AM - PAFBC Trout Stocking of Little Conestoga Creek (meet at PPL Service Center, Rout 72/Delp Rd.)
Commonwealth Financing Authority (due 5/31/17)
The Commonwealth Financing Authority is now accepting applications for grants funded by ACT 13 for Watershed Restoration, Abandoned Mine Drainage Abatement, Baseline Water Quality Data, Orphan or Abandoned Well Plugging, Sewage Facilities and Flood Mitigation Programs. Applicants are strongly urged to contact their House and Senate member to make them aware you intend to submit an application for funding under these programs. Deadline to apply for this funding is May 31st. For more information and instructions on how to apply, visit http://dced.pa.gov/programs-funding/commonwealth-financing-authority-cfa/act-13-programs/#.WItAMH3Ds4p
NFWF Chesapeake Bay Stewardship Fund (due 5/9/17)
The National Fish & Wildlife Foundation (NFWF), in partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the federal-state Chesapeake Bay Program partnership, is soliciting proposals to restore water quality and habitats of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributary rivers and streams. The Stewardship Fund will award grants through two distinct grant programs: Small Watershed Grants (SWG) and Innovative Nutrient and Sediment Reduction Grants (INSR). SWG grants will be awarded for projects within the Chesapeake Bay watershed that promote community-based efforts to protect and restore the diverse natural resources of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributary rivers and streams. INSR grants will be awarded to projects within the Chesapeake Bay watershed that dramatically accelerate quantifiable nutrient and sediment reductions through innovative, sustainable, and cost-effective approaches, methods, and new technologies. Deadline for both grants I May 9, 2017. For more information visit the NFWF website at: www.nfwf.org/chesapeake.