Welcome to the Lancaster County Watershed Website!
This site is designed to promote and foster watershed protection efforts throughout Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
- Stay Tuned for September & October 2014 Tree Planting Events
EVENTS & MEETINGS
- Pequea Creek Watershed Association Meeting
Tuesday, September 2nd at 7PM at the Providence Township Building (Mount Airy Rd.)
- Lancaster County Clean Water Consortium Steering Committee Meeting
Wednesday, September 3rd at 3PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance Meeting
Wednesday, September 3rd at 7PM at the Rapho Township Bldg. (Colebrook Rd., Manheim)
- Lancaster County Conservation District Board Meeting
Wednesday, September 3rd at 7:30PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- First Investigation of Stream Health "FISH" Workshop
Monday, September 8th from 5PM to 7PM at the Roger Rohrer Farm (505A Paradise Ln., Paradise) Penn State and Capital RC&D will be offering a monitoring workshop for landowners who have streamside projects like riparian buffers, streambank fencing, and/or in-stream structures. The wkp will be instructing participants on how to use FISH which is a citizen-science monitoring protocol. For more information download the wkp postcard. Or to register visit the wkp website or contact Kristen Kyler at (717) 948-6609.
- Octoraro Watershed Association Meeting
Tuesday, September 9th at 7PM at the OWA Bldg. (517 Pine Grove Rd., Nottingham)
- Water Quality Volunteer Coalition Meeting
Wednesday, September 10th at 2:30PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Donegal Trout Unlimited Youth Fly fishing Clinic
Saturday, September 13th from 8:30AM to 1PM at the Hugh Wenger property (Elizabethtown) Do you have a youth interested in learning more about fly fishing or local conservation efforts? If so check out this Donegal TU program. Eligible kids in this program should be between the ages of 12-18 years old. If you are interested in learning more visit the Donegal TU website for more info and a registration form.
- Little Conestoga Watershed Alliance Meeting
Wednesday, September 17th at 5:30PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Donegal Trout Unlimited Family Picnic/Meeting
Wednesday, September 17th at 7PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Lititz Run Watershed Alliance Meeting
Tuesday, September 23rd at 4PM at the Warwick Township Municipal Bldg. (Clay Rd., Lititz)
- Tri-County Conewago Creek Association Meeting
Wednesday, September 24th at 7PM at the Conewago Township Bldg. (Hershey)
- Cocalico Creek Watershed Association Ice Cream Social/Meeting
Monday, October 6th at 7PM at the Cocalico Sportsman Association Bldg.(Sportsman Rd., Reinholds)
TIMELY FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- The Chesapeake Bay Trust is accepting applications for the Outreach and Community Engagement track of the Mini-Grant program on a rolling basis until funds are fully expended. Applications must be received at least 6 weeks prior to your project start date. For more information visit the Chesapeake Bay Trust website.
- Exelon's Environment Program supports projects that improve the quality of our environment; promote environmental education, conservation and preservation; develop cleaner sources of energy; protect endangered species; and beautify neighborhoods. Will fund projects located within communities where they work (ie Holtwood). For more information visit the Exelon website.
LITTLE CONESTOGA PARTERNERSHIP HEALTHY WATERSHED STORMWATER INCENTIVES PROGRAM