Welcome to the Lancaster County Watershed Website!
This site is designed to promote and foster watershed protection efforts throughout Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AND EVENT/WORKSHOPS
- Chiques Creek Watershed Allienace Watershed Expo Event
Wednesday, June 22nd from 6-8PM at the Lancaster Leiderkrantz (Mount Joy) Event Flyer
- CS Davidson Tree Planting and Stream Cleanup Event
Friday, July 1st from 1 to 5PM at Flory Park (East Lampeter Township, Lancaster) For more information or to register visit the event webpage
WATERSHED PUBLIC MEETINGS
- Lancaster County Clean Water Consortium Steering Committee Meeting
Wednesday, July 6th at 3PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance Meeting
Wednesday, July 6th at 7PM at the Rapho Township Bldg. (Colebrook Rd., Manheim)
- Lancaster County Conservation District Board Meeting
Wednesday, July 7th at 7:30PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Water Quality Volunteer Coalition Meeting
Wednesday, July 13th at 2:30PM at the Farm & Home Center (1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster)
- Lititz Run Watershed Alliance Meeting
Tuesday, July 26th at 4PM at the Warwick Township Building (Clay Rd., Lititz)
- Cocalico Creek Watershed Association Meeting/Ice Cream Social
Monday, August 1st at 7PM at the Bachman property (Peartown Rd., Reinholds)
- Millcreek Preservation Association Meeting
Wednesday, August 10th at 2PM at the S & M Corporate Office (Beechdale Rd., Bird-in-Hand)
- Tri-County Conewago Creek Association Meeting
Wednesday, August 17th at 7PM at the Conewago Township Building (Hershey)
- Octoraro Watershed Association Meeting
Tuesday, September 6th at 7PM at the OWA Bldg. (517 Pine Grove Rd., Nottingham)
- Pequea Creek Watershed Association Meeting
Tuesday, September 6th at 7PM at the Providence Township Building (Mount Airy Rd.)
TIMELY FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES
- 2016 TreeVitalize Grant Opportunities. The Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) is pleased to announce exciting changes in the TreeVitalize grant program. DCNR has streamlined the application and granting process and are transitioning to an annual grant round in lieu of multiple grant rounds per calendar year. This shift will allow communities awarded funding two full planting seasons to complete their projects. There are also two grant communities can apply for now; Planting Grants and Street Tree Inventory Grants. Planting Grants are due September 1st and Street Tree preliminary applications are due June 1st. For more information on the TreeVitalize Grant Program visit the TreeVitalize Website or contact Jessica Cavey, Development and Grants Coordinator (717) 599-8650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Commonwealth Financing Authority (CFA) is now accepting applications for grants funded by Act 13 for watershed restoration, abandoned mine drainage abatement, baseline water quality data, orphan or abandoned well plugging, sewage facilities and flood mitigation programs. For Watershed Restoration projects the overall goal is to restore and maintain restored stream reaches impaired by the uncontrolled discharge of nonpoint source polluted runoff, and ultimately to remove these streams from the Department of Environmental Protection's Impaired Waters List. Applicants are strongly urged to contact their House and Senate member to make them aware you intend to submit an application for funding under these programs. Applications are due June 30th. Questions should be directed to 717-787-6245 or visit the Act 13 webpage for more information.
- Exelon's Environment Program supports projects that improve the quality of our environment; promote environmental education, conservation and preservation; develop cleaner sources of energy; protect endangered species; and beautify neighborhoods. Will fund projects located within communities where they work (ie Holtwood). For more information visit the Exelon website.
LITTLE CONESTOGA PARTERNERSHIP HEALTHY WATERSHED STORMWATER INCENTIVES PROGRAM